Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of insurance programs do you help people sign up for?
We can help you enroll in Medicaid and HealthPay, our sliding fee discount program. We also can help you choose coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Do I need an appointment?
No. You can get assistance for most enrollments at any Center for Family Health facility – just by walking in. However, you need an appointment to secure coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
To schedule, please call 517-748-5500 x 5876.
- What documentation do I need to bring with me?
You need to bring basic household information, including names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers and proof of a month’s income.
- How much does it cost?
Enrollment services are always free!
- Who is eligible?
Eligibility varies by program. Please call one of our Financial Service Advocates at 517-748-5500 x 5876 if you have questions.
- Do I have to renew my insurance if I have Medicaid or the new Healthy Michigan Plan?
Yes, Medicaid and Healthy Michigan Plan must be renewed every year.
- How do I know if my Medicaid is active? How do I contact my caseworker?
You can go online to check the status of your account at mibridges.michigan.gov or contract your caseworker at 517-780-7400.
- What is a Medicaid ID number?
The 10-digit ID number is located on your green MIHealth card.
- Is HealthPay considered health insurance?
No. HealthPay is a discount program only. It does not qualify as health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.